Timing Systems for Motor Sports
Our motor sports timing system is widely used to time a variety of motor sports including autocross, mud bog races, ATV and truck drag racing, hill climbs, lap timing (qualifying times) and more! A pair of electric eyes at the start line automatically starts the timer when the beam is broken. A second set of electric eyes at the finish line stops the timer. Various start/stop combinations are possible depending on the specific requirements of the event you are running. For lap timing, only one pair of eyes is needed.
- No cables to connect to the electric eyes.
- No power connections to the electric eyes or the timing console.
- Set up and tear down in just minutes. All equipment, including the tripods, fits inside a custom made carrying case.
Long range, through-beam, wireless electric eyes
- Very easy to align - just roughly eyeball the alignment.
- No vehicle color or reflectivity issues as with retro-reflective sensors.
- With a 200 foot optical range, a pair of electric eyes can be placed well off the course to reduce the chance of getting hit by a vehicle.
- With over 25 years of photo-sensor design experience, we custom engineered our electric eyes for the tough accuracy requirements, lighting conditions, and range requirements of sport timing applications.
Full featured timing
- Time up to seven vehicles at once (autocross mode).
- Time up to 99 consecutive laps and recall the times later (lap mode).
- Hands free operation – no need to reset or clear the timer between runs.
- Additional electric eyes can be added to record split times.
- Spectator displays and a computer interface cable are available separately.
- Can interface with popular software packages for record keeping.
- Can drive some other brands of spectator displays (scoreboards) – contact us for details.
- Autocross Users: For more information, click here to read the autocross user's manual.